Middle School Skills Conference
** These links MUST be read prior to registering your students**
- Medical Release, Personal Liability, Code of Conduct, Photography/Sound Release (Required)* this document will be kept by advisor during conference.
- Middle School Competition Selection Rules Your middle school students may compete in only one or two competitions. The rules explain which competitions they can do together. This is getting updated to include some new competitions!
- Middle School Registration Limits there are limits to how many competitors each school can bring for each competition.
- Middle School Contests Dress Requirements – SkillsUSA Nebraska
- Middle School Registration Instructions Registration is not done until you hit the submit button at the end! Registration is done on the National Website.
- Responsibility Release & Chapter Permission Form (Required) – this MUST be emailed to the state office prior to event
- SkillsUSA Nebraska Competition Theme, Check our this video
- Students must be members to attend conference
- Registration fee is $30 – covers conference materials, medals, t-shirts, giveaways, & lunch.
- Winners of National Competitions can register for our State Leadership and Skills Conference. Winners from both of the middle school conferences will compete against each other for the opportunity to attend and compete at Nationals in June
Middle School Skills Conference Agenda:
We will have Conference Programs specific for each Middle School Conference with all information as far as updated times, contest room assignments, campus map and lunches. There is the possibility we may have to issue contest judging assignments to teachers attending. We will attempt to satisfy all judging positions with business and industry personnel from each community.
8:00am – 8:50am Registration
8:50am – 9:20am Opening Session
9:20am – 11:45am Competitions
11:45am – 12:30pm Lunch
12:30pm – 2:15pm Career Awareness
2:15pm – 2:45pm Awards/Closing Session
Middle School Competitions (click for Standards):
Students can choose to take part in the Technical (T) or Leadership (L) events listed below. Those marked ** are also National Competitions.
Applied Math -T
Bridge Building -T
Metric 500 -T
Mouse Trap Distance -T
Mouse Trap Speed -T
Mouse Traptor Vehicle Pull -T
Pin Design, 2023-24**T
Robotics-Urban Search and Rescue, 2023-24
Team Engineering Challenge, 2023-24** -T
T-Shirt Design, 2023-24 ** -T
State-Only Drone (West Conference only)