Contest Coordinator: Jason Baker
Heavy Equipment Operators are needed on construction sites all over the country now more than ever. Students should have knowledge of equipment operation, day to day maintenance and activities (such as surveying and blueprint reading) on various machines in different applications. The competition will evaluate each contestant’s preparation for employment and recognize outstanding students for excellence and professionalism in the field of Heavy Equipment Operation. Review the Skill Performance Project for more information.
This contest will consist of 8 competitions.
- Wheel Skid Loader Pre-op inspection/Component/ Control Identification
- Wheel Skid Loader change attachments and obstacle course
- Backhoe Pre-op inspection/Component/ Control Identification
- Backhoe Trenching
- Compact (track) Skid Loader Pre-op inspection/Component/ Control Identification
- Compact (track) Skid Loader Backfill/Grading
- Proper Shutdown of each machine.
- 50 question written test